If you are suffering from a personal injury after an accident that was not your fault, choosing the right lawyer can highly influence the outcome of your case. It is very important to engage the services of a personal injury lawyer shortly after an accident. Additionally, if you suffered serious injuries it is critical to consult with a personal injury attorney. You do not want to go without counsel during any part of the process. Accidents – big and small – happen all the time in the car, while shopping at the grocery store or in a mall. If you were involved in a car, truck, boat, motorcycle, slip and fall or trip and fall consider calling Corless Barfield Trial Group today toll-free at 877-517-5595.
There are cases in which hiring an attorney may be the next logical step that you take. If any of these apply to your accident case, it is probably prudent to contact an attorney:
- Broken bones
- Hospital stay
- Long-term health affected
- Someone is seriously injured or someone died in the accident
- Out of pocket medical expenses
- Missing days at work, school, or failure to engage in normal activities
- Emotional trauma, pain and suffering, loss of companionship
- There’s a dispute about who’s at fault in the accident
- Accident involved an uninsured or underinsured motorist
- Multiple people were harmed in the accident
- The paperwork does not look accurate (police report, insurance company communications)
- Details are complicated (legal, medical)
- Insurance company delayed or denied payment of your accident claim
- Insurance company undervalued or seeks to underpay your accident claim
A lawyer can help you navigate this process. Insurance companies regularly want to settle claims for as little as possible, and the amount they offer initially is generally much less than the true value of the claim. Insurance adjusters know that most people do not know the value of their claim and will try to settle a claim early before someone hires a lawyer. Experienced personal injury attorneys can advise their clients about the best way to present a claim to ensure that you are receiving fair compensation for your injuries. You have a lot to lose if you settle a claim too early without proper representation.
Personal injury claims usually involve complex laws and the court system. This means that the wisest decision would be to seek out proper legal representation. Filing a personal injury lawsuit requires specialized skill and training, as well as a thorough knowledge of the Florida legal system. Call a lawyer as soon as you are injured or your property is damaged. You have little to lose consulting with an experienced personal injury lawyer because the initial meeting is free.
Corless Barfield Trial Group attorneys represent numerous personal injury clients injured throughout Florida. Call us today toll-free at 877-517-5595 or locally at 813-258-4998.